Keep-In-Vogue [Touch]

[Fashion][Art]]Music]
Personal favorites
What's "in vogue"
Keep in touch with all the latest!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Heisuke Kitazawa

One of the most creative and beautiful artists I have ever seen is Heisuke Kitazawa. A few weeks ago, I was in Little Tokyo, LA's Weller Court and noticed some beautiful artwork printed throughout the building. I found out the artists name and checked it out.

The art is very Japanese and very childish, but in the most professional way possible. I immediately fell in love with the style of Kitazawa's art, and the art became an inspiration for me. When I looked at the artwork, I felt like a child lost in a magical storybook of mystical wonder and breathtaking mystery. It's truly a wonderful experience for the eyes.

In a way, the style is very modern and contemporary, and a little bit pop art-sy. It's also somewhat haunting and makes you wonder about the inspiration and deeper meaning that lies behind the art. This is Japanese art in a different light, and completely unique from other Japanese artists. Not only is Kitazawa's art cute, like most Japanese art, but it is also a type of twisted beauty that I have never seen before.


But other than Kitazawa's more traditional-like drawings, He also has some very modern and graphic-design like drawing such as this:

It's a little bit terrifying in a way, but still brilliant because it represent's one's crazy imagination and dreams. Anyways, his art is extremely enjoyable to browse through, so I hope everyone will support him and take a look at his art! Just search for him on Google, or something like that, hehe! [; Enjoy!!

-Joyce Chen

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home